The conference is organized parallel with the 18th Nordic Geotechnical Meeting (www.NGM2020.com) at the same venue. By registering to the BSGC participant has access also to the interesting sessions of NGM without extra fees.
The Conference will gather distinguished researchers, engineers and practitioners acting in the field of geotechnics, foundation and environmental engineering on the Baltic Sea Region and around the globe.
The leading theme of the conference is Future Challenges for Geotechnical Engineering. The theme emphasizes global trends together with regional and local problems in geotechnical engineering. The climate change, digitalization and urbanization affect profoundly all construction activities including also geotechnical engineering challenging our mindset and ways of working.
The conference will be structured along several topics:
- Novel energy solutions in foundation engineering
- Digital applications in geotechnics
- Geotechnical art and historical experiences
- Soil and rock investigation
- Design experiences and theoretical solutions
- Environmental geotechnics and recycling
- Case studies
- Design guidelines
- Foundation engineering and deep foundations
- Transport infrastructure